More hugs and kisses, more laundry, more dishes!




Monday, May 5, 2008

Farewell from Ethiopia

Today we went back to the orphanage to say bye. Not so much for our kids, but Katie has become attached to several of them... they are hard to leave behind. We did a little shopping and walking around the little town here. I am trying to decide if I am going to toss my shoes before I leave. It has been rainy here the last few days and they are a mess. I have no idea what all I have stepped in (Lol) and I dont think I want to bring it home.

The kids are a bit on edge today. I know they sense something is about to happen. I had Ganewnew (our driver) explain how we were going to travel home on the airplanes and what to expect. Adam looked a bit perplexed, so I dont know how much he understood. Abi has no clue. Hopefully they will sleep the first flight. Thank you for all your prayers, we have certainly felt them here. It has been amazing and incredible.

Katie has been a trouper and has helped me greatly. They have offered her a job here training women to help them get back on their feet and out of impoverished situations, complete with free room in board. (Lol) And I think she has gotten several marriage proposals as well. (Lol) It has been a wonderful week, but I am glad to be coming home.

See you soon!
Kim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and great flight home with your children. Thanks for taking pics of Kalkidan and Dagmawit.
We enjoyed your blog!!!
Can't wait until it is our turn to travel.
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I just learned of your blog but I miss you guys SO much!! I can't wait to meet the kids they sound wonderful:) Be praying for you all. Love Love Love.
The Other Katie:))

Chris said...

What precious memories!! I am so glad your trip went so well. We can't wait to hear all about your adventures when you return. Praying for your safe and well return. God bless! Christine

Chris said...

I have been enjoying following your journey and looking forward to have you back . 10 days for me and it will be my turn :)
Have a safe flight home.

~holly said...

You can't blame the Ethiopian men...Katie is beautiful!